08 September 2009

Transitioning Into Grown-Updom: Prioritizing

1. Work
2. Diet
3. Beef
4. Social Life
5. Oh lord, I was supposed to go to sleep!

That is my life. I am learning to prioritize, and it is hard! I am trying not to be a workaholic, but it is addicting. I got my first pay check last week and all it made me want to do was work harder so there would be a possibility of a raise in a few months.

I am also trying to diet. I put on weight in college (we all put on weight in college, I know), and now I am trying to cut calories on the run. Salad seems to be the easiest way to do this, but if you know me you know I hate salad. Ugh. Life is difficult. However, hundred calorie packs of cookies and Oreo candy bites save me.

Boyfriend. Yes. I have one. We are both so exhausted all the time, though, and by the time work is over all we want to do is sit on the couch. However we both want:

A social life. Trying. E-mail is my social life. Gchat is my social life. I try to be good and see my friends, but being a grown-up with work and saving money gets in the way. Thank goodness for happy hour.

And sleep. I try. However, by the time I get to bed my head is swimming and I wake up with all of the things I have going on. I remember that I should have exercised, should have called my mom, should have skipped that PB&J burrito (don't ask), should have done laundry, should have skipped watching the Disney Channel for 3 straight hours, should have e-mailed so-n-so for work...

I want a vacation. Can't wait for Christmas and then January when one of my favorites has her special day. Can't wait. CANNOT WAIT!

However, to negate all of the things that I have decided come with being a grown-up I had a cupcake on Sunday. A Georgetown Cupcake cupcake. Jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment