If you know me, you know I love to eat. If you're with me a lot, you know I love to eat junk food. However, fried is just not something this California girl can do everyday. So, I've been trying to figure out how to get my junk food fix with good food nutrition.
Here is a little recipe I came up with that I am in LOVE with and feeds two people (because most people our age are not cooking for a family).
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Ingredients:
-2 thawed chicken breasts
-Any spice mixture you like (I use 2 parts garlic, 1 part salt, 1 part pepper, 1 part cayenne pepper, 1 part thyme)
-Pre-made bread crumbs (you can get them at Safeway for $2 and they'll last you forever)
-3 tsps olive oil
Instructions:
1. Mix the bread crumbs and spices in a small bowl
2. Pour the olive oil into a separate bowl
3. Cut up the chicken breasts into bite size pieces
4. Put the chicken into the olive oil and coat
5. Move the chicken from the olive oil into the bread crumb mixture
6. Stick on a cookie sheet and broil for 8 minutes.
Ta-da! It's a grown-up version of a kid meal. If you want, take boiled green beans and dry them off (I'm talking super dry). They are the perfect french-fry substitute (and even taste OK dipped in ketchup)!
*Other ideas for spicing up your nuggets*
-Instead of olive oil use teryaki sauce; don't spice the bread crumbs
-Chili pepper, salt, pepper, garlic
-Garlic
-Rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, oregano
-Instead of olive oil use hot sauce; don't spice the bread crumbs
Let me know if you try it and tell me what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment